Sec. 812. [42 U.S.C. 1012] In this title:
(1) World war ii veteran.—The term “World War II veteran” means a person who—
(A) served during World War II—
(i) in the active military, naval, or air service of the United States during World War II; or
(ii) in the organized military forces of the Government of the Commonwealth of the Philippines, while the forces were in the service of the Armed Forces of the United States pursuant to the military order of the President dated July 26, 1941, including among the military forces organized guerrilla forces under commanders appointed, designated, or subsequently recognized by the Commander in Chief, Southwest Pacific Area, or other competent authority in the Army of the United States, in any case in which the service was rendered before December 31, 1946; and
(B) was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable—
(i) after service of 90 days or more; or
(ii) because of a disability or injury incurred or aggravated in the line of active duty.
(2) World war ii.—The term “World War II” means the period beginning on September 16, 1940, and ending on July 24, 1947.
(3) Supplemental security income benefit under title xvi.—The term “supplemental security income benefit under title XVI”, except as otherwise provided, includes State supplementary payments which are paid by the Commissioner of Social Security pursuant to an agreement under section 1616(a) of this Act or section 212(b) of Public Law 93-66.
(4) Federal benefit rate under title xvi.—The term “Federal benefit rate under title XVI” means, with respect to any month, the amount of the supplemental security income cash benefit (not including any State supplementary payment which is paid by the Commissioner of Social Security pursuant to an agreement under section 1616(a) of this Act or section 212(b) of Public Law 93-66) payable under title XVI for the month to an eligible individual with no income.
(6) Benefit income.—The term “benefit income” means any recurring payment received by a qualified individual as an annuity, pension, retirement, or disability benefit (including any veterans’ compensation or pension, workmen’s compensation payment, old-age, survivors, or disability insurance benefit, railroad retirement annuity or pension, and unemployment insurance benefit), but only if a similar payment was received by the individual from the same (or a related) source during the 12-month period preceding the month in which the individual files an application for benefits under this title.
 See Vol. II, P.L. 93-66, §212(b).