Baltimore, MD - November 9, 2010
York Telecom is providing webcast hosting services for this event. [disclaimer]
9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of Social Security Administration
- Susan B. Shurin, M.D., Acting Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), National Institutes of Health
- David A. Rust, Deputy Commissioner for Retirement and Disability Policy, Social Security Administration
- Glenn Sklar, Deputy Commissioner for Disability Adjudication and Review, Social Security Administration
9:30 - 10:45 a.m.
Overview of Adult Cardiovascular Disease
- Ileana L. Piña, M.D., MPH, Professor of Medicine, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Cardiology at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, Representative for the American Heart Association [testimony_pt1] [testimony_pt2]
- Jennifer Ellis, M.D., Adult Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Washington Hospital Center [testimony]
- Gaby Weissman, M.D., Adult Cardiologist, Washington Hospital Center [testimony]
10:45 - 11:00 a.m.
11:00 - 12:15 p.m.
Children and Cardiovascular Disease
- Geoffrey Rosenthal, M.D. Professor of Pediatrics and Director, Pediatric and Congenital Heart Program at UMMC [testimony]
- Allen Everett, M.D., Associate Professor, Pediatric Cardiology, Johns Hopkins Children’s Center [testimony]
- Jane Crosson, M.D., Director of the Pediatric Electrophysiology Service and Co-Director of the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Johns Hopkins Children’s Center [testimony]
12:15 – 1:45 p.m.
2:00 – 3:15 p.m.
Living with Cardiovascular Disease or Organ Transplants
- Ralph Davis, June 2007 Heart Transplant recipient [testimony]
- Lavinia Krech, Mother/Caregiver, October 2010 Heart and Liver Transplant recipient [testimony]
- Ellen Rains Harris, Individual Diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension [testimony]
- Erika Feller, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Medical Director, Heart Transplantation, Maryland Heart Center, University of Maryland Medical Center [testimony]
3:15 - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 - 4:45 p.m.
Overview of Multiple Organ Transplants
- Clive Callender, M.D., founder and director, Transplant Center, Howard University Hospital [testimony_pt1] [testimony_pt2] [testimony_pt3]
- Monica Colvin-Adams, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Advanced Heart Failure, Transplantation, and Mechanical Circulatory Support, University of Minnesota [testimony]
- Janet Scheel, M.D., Pediatric Cardiologist, Director of the Pediatric Cardiac Transplant Service, Johns Hopkins Hospital [testimony]
4:45 - 5:00 p.m.