San Francisco, CA- November 18, 2009
York Telecom is providing webcast hosting services for this event. [disclaimer]
|The hearing has now ended. Video recordings of the morning and afternoon sessions are available via the links below:|
|Morning Session: |
|Afternoon Session: |
|Each individual panel may also be viewed separately via the links below:|
|Overview of Schizophrenia: |
|Schizophrenia: Today and Tomorrow: |
|Community and Social Functioning:|
|Living with Mental Illness:|
|To view a webcast, you may need to obtain Windows Media Player.|
9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of Social Security Administration
- Philip Wang, M.D., Dr. P.H., National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- David A. Rust, Deputy Commissioner for Retirement and Disability Policy, Social Security Administration
- Peter Spencer, San Francisco Regional Commissioner, Social Security Administration
- William J. King, Jr., San Francisco Acting Regional Chief Administrative Law Judge, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review, Social Security Administration
9:30 - 10:45 a.m.
Overview of Schizophrenia
- Kenneth Duckworth, M.D., Medical Director, National Alliance on Mental Illness [testimony]
- Stephen Marder, M.D., Director, VISN 22 Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center and Chief of Psychiatry Services, West Los Angeles VA Medical Center [testimony]
- Michael Green, Ph.D., Professor-in-Residence in the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences and the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at the Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA [testimony]
10:45 - 11:00 a.m.
11:00 - 12:15 p.m.
Schizophrenia: Today and Tomorrow
- Fred Frese, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine [testimony]
- Carlos Pato, M.D., Chair and Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Southern California [testimony]
- Cameron Carter, M.D., Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis [testimony]
12:15 – 1:45 p.m.
2:00 – 3:15 p.m.
Community and Social Functioning
- John Brekke, MSW, Ph.D., Frances G. Larson Profession of Social Work Research and Associate Dean of Research at University of Southern California School of Social Work [testimony pt.1, testimony pt.2]
- Demian Rose, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director, University of California San Francisco Prodrome Assessment Research and Treatment Program [testimony]
- Thomas Neill, Manager of Client Health Services, CAAP/Department of Human Services [testimony]
- Yvonne Perret, MA, MSW, LCSW-C, Executive Director, Advocacy and Training Center [testimony]
3:15 - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 - 4:45 p.m.
4:45 - 5:00 p.m.