We're sorry but, due to a scheduled upgrade, our my Social Security services, including Create a my Social Security account, will not be available from 12 AM (ET) until 11 AM (ET) on Saturday, May 30, 2015. All of our my Social Security services should be available again by 11 AM on Saturday, May 30, 2015.
You can use the rest of our online services while our our my Social Security services, are not available.
We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to use all our online services after 11 AM (ET) on Saturday.
Create a my Social Security account and sign in with us to:
- Get your benefit verification letter.
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record.
- Change your address and phone number.
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment.
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
You do not need a my Social Security account to:
- Get a replacement Medicare card.
- Select or change the way you receive information from Social Security if you are blind or visually impaired.
- Apply for Extra Help with your Medicare prescription drug plan costs.
Note: If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, please complete form CMS 40B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B (Medical Insurance) and take or mail it to your local Social Security office.
- Block electronic and automated telephone access to your personal information.