SSI benefits also are payable to people 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial limits.
People who have worked long enough may also be able to receive Social Security disability or retirement benefits as well as SSI. More...
How Do I Apply For SSI?
We do not have an SSI application online. If you would like to apply for SSI benefits for:
Schedule an appointment with a local Social Security office to file an application. Call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday or contact your local Social Security office, or;
Find out if you are eligible to receive Social Security Disability Benefits. Learn more and start the disability process at our Apply Online for Disability Benefits page.
Although this is not a SSI application, we can use most of the information you provide to start the disability process. Once you finish the online process, a Social Security representative will contact you for any additional information needed for the SSI application.
- Call us at 1-800-772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can call us at TTY 1-800-325-0778, or
- Visit your local Social Security office. (Call first to make an appointment.)
If You Already Receive SSI Benefits
Create a my Social Security account and sign in with us to:
- Get your benefit verification letter. (includes Social Security and Medicare) and
- Check your information, benefits and earnings record.
You do not need a my Social Security account to:
- What you must report to us
- Telephone wage reporting
- Employment support for people with disabilities
- Work incentives for people with disabilities
- When your medical condition is reviewed
- Food stamps and other nutrition programs
- Other SSI topics
- What You Need To Know When You Get Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
(Publication No. 05-11011)
- Schedule Of Social Security Payments