§ 404.351. Who may be reentitled to child's benefits?

If your entitlement to child's benefits has ended, you may be reentitled on the same earnings record if you have not married and if you apply for reentitlement. Your reentitlement may begin with—

(a) The first month in which you qualify as a full-time student. (See § 404.367.)

(b) The first month in which you are disabled, if your disability began before you became 22 years old.

(c) The first month you are under a disability that began before the end of the 84th month following the month in which your benefits had ended because an earlier disability had ended; or

(d) With respect to benefits payable for months beginning October 2004, you can be reentitled to childhood disability benefits at anytime if your prior entitlement terminated because you ceased to be under a disability due to the performance of substantial gainful activity and you meet the other requirements for reentitlement. The 84-month time limit in paragraph (c) in this section continues to apply if your previous entitlement to childhood disability benefits terminated because of medical improvement.

[44 FR 34481, June 15, 1979, as amended at 48 FR 21927, May 16, 1983; 61 FR 38363, July 24, 1996; 71 FR 66865, Nov. 17, 2006]