§ 404.1204. Designating officials to act on behalf of the State.
(a) Each State which enters into an agreement shall designate the official or officials authorized to act on the State's behalf in administering the agreement. Each State shall inform SSA of the name, title, and address of the designated official(s) and the extent of each official's authority. For example, a State may indicate that the State official is authorized:
(1) To enter into an agreement and execute modifications to the agreement; and
(2) To carry out the ministerial duties necessary to administer the agreement.
For wages paid prior to 1987:
(3) To enter into agreements to extend or re-extend the time limit for assessment or credit;
(4) To make arrangements in connection with onsite reviews; and
(5) To request administrative review of an assessment, an allowance of a credit or refund, or a disallowance of a credit or refund.
(b) Each State shall inform SSA timely of changes in designated officials or changes in their authority.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 0960-0425)
[53 FR 32976, Aug. 29, 1988, as amended at 66 FR 28836, May 25, 2001]