§ 416.999b. How do I request reinstatement?

(a) You must make your request for reinstatement in writing.

(b) You must have filed your request on or after January 1, 2001.

(c) You must provide the information we request so that we can determine whether you meet the eligibility requirements listed in § 416.999a.

(d) We must receive your request within the consecutive 60-month period that begins with the month in which your eligibility terminated due to earned income, or a combination of earned and unearned income. If we receive your request after the 60-month period, we can grant you an extension if we determine you had good cause, under the standards explained in § 416.1411, for not filing the request timely.

(e) You must certify that you are disabled, that your current impairment(s) is the same as or related to the impairment(s) that we used as the basis for the eligibility you are requesting to be reinstated, that you are unable to do substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition, and that you meet the non-medical requirements for eligibility for benefits.

[70 FR 57144, Sept. 30, 2005]