§ 429.107. If my claim is approved, how do I obtain payment?

(a) Claims under $2,500. If your claim is approved, you must complete a “Voucher for Payment under the Federal Tort Claims Act,” Standard Form 1145. If you are represented by an attorney, the voucher for payment (SF 1145) must designate both you and your attorney as “payees”; we will then mail the check to your attorney.

(b) Claims in excess of $2,500. If your claim is approved, SSA will forward the appropriate Financial Management Service (FMS) Forms 194, 195, 196, 197, and/or 197-A to the Judgment Fund Section, Financial Management Service, Department of the Treasury, Room 6D37, 3700 East-West Highway, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782. FMS will then mail the payment to you.