Accessibility Help Home | Make your mouse pointer more visible
Make your mouse pointer more visible
The mouse pointer is sometimes hard to see. A Windows feature can help you locate it. (Some mouse drivers or software may not have this feature). Not all versions of Windows behave the same and you may need to refer to Windows help pages for further assistance.Finding your Cursor in Windows:
- Click on the 'Start' button or press the 'Windows' logo key or press 'Ctrl' + 'Esc'.
- Click on 'Control Panel' or press the keyboard 'C'.
- Make sure you are in 'Classic View.' If 'Pick a category' is the main title on the page and under the 'Control Panel' title is 'Switch to Classic View,' click this view (you are currently in 'Category View') by clicking on the link or press tab to select 'Switch to Classic View' and press 'Enter.'
- In 'Classic View' double click 'Mouse' or repeatedly press the 'M' key until 'Mouse' is highlighted and press 'Enter.'
- The 'Mouse Properties' page should be displayed.
- Click on the 'Pointer Options tab' or press 'Ctrl' + 'Tab' until the 'Pointer Options' tab is activated.
- Click the checkbox 'Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key' or press 'Alt'+'S' on the keyboard which puts a tick in the box.
- Click 'OK' or press 'Enter' to confirm and exit mouse properties. Now pressing 'Ctrl' will give a visual clue by surrounding the pointer with circles.
Note: If this does not work, it could be because your computer settings cannot be changed due to local IT policies-contact your local IT support for further help.Making your Mouse Pointer larger for Windows XP:
(If you have a different mouse or a different mouse driver installed, the options could look slightly different than as described in this section.)
- To begin, follow steps 1 through 5 under the previous section, Finding Your Cursor.
- Click on the 'Pointers tab' or press 'Ctrl' + 'Tab' until the 'Pointer Options' tab is activated.
- Underneath 'Scheme,' click on the drop-down box of predefined sets of mouse pointers, or press 'Tab' until the scheme box is highlighted, and the list appears.
- Use arrow keys to move through the list to highlight each cursor scheme. First, try sets labeled 'Large', 'Extra Large' or 'Inverted'.
- To choose a scheme, click on it or if highlighted, press 'Enter.'
- Click 'OK' or press 'Enter' to exit the 'Mouse Properties' page.
Note: If this does not work, it could be that your computer settings cannot be changed due to local IT policies-contact your local IT support for further help.