- At this time, Administrative Law Judges (ALJs) are only able to conduct hearings by telephone until we resume our standard operations. As of July 31, 2020, we updated our outreach process for cases in which the claimant is represented. We will now send the COVID-19 Telephone Hearing Agreement form to the representative instead of calling the representative. This form can also be downloaded for representatives to complete and upload through Appointed Representative Services (ARS) for those with access, or faxed into the hearing office for those without access to ARS.
- The claimant or representative will indicate on the form if the claimant agrees to a hearing by telephone, and if so, provide phone numbers to reach them for the hearing.
- The representative may sign the form in lieu of the claimant.
- We also will accept a verbal agreement to appear by telephone.
- We will not schedule, or proceed with a hearing by telephone unless we receive the claimant’s consent. If the claimant does not consent to appear by telephone, we will not schedule the hearing at this time, or if already scheduled, we will postpone the hearing until we can offer another option, such as a hearing by video teleconferencing or in person, as appropriate.