Effective 9/23/17, the AccuWage Downloadable will no longer be available due to the download compatibility issues many users experience. Moving forward we recommend using the AccuWage Online application to test your wage files for compatibility with EFW2/EFW2C specifications before submitting to SSA. Click here to get started using the AccuWage Online application. Please plan your Tax Year 2017 business accordingly.
The AccuWage Downloadable 2016 application is available to test wage reports in the current EFW2-EFW2C formats. The most current version of AccuWage Downloadable 2016 works with current and prior year wage submissions. We recommend that wage submitters uninstall prior version of AccuWage Downloadable before downloading the software for the current tax year.
The Quick Links on the top right hand corner provides two links to download AccuWage Downloadable 2016 application. If using any assistive software such as Dragon, Jaws or Magic, please download AccuWage Downloadable using the second link marked “compatible with assistive software”. To navigate the table for the first time using the JAWS screen reader, please select ‘insert and right arrow’ and use the arrow keys for navigation in the table.
Please Note: The first link requires a Java Runtime of 1.7.6 or higher. The second link requires a Java Runtime of 1.8.40 or higher. For additional information regarding the minimum system configuration, please see the AccuWage Downloadable 2016 Help Guide. For additional information regarding Java, please see the FAQ link for the Frequently Asked Questions.
For general assistance using AccuWage Downloadable, including navigation or results, call Employer Reporting Assistance at 1-800-772-6270 (toll free)
for TTY call 1-800-325-0778
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
If you experience problems installing or running AccuWage Downloadable and need technical assistance, call 1-888-772-2970 (toll free).
Below is a series of links that provide more information about AccuWage:
- Visit our Troubleshooting page for help with downloading problems.
- The AccuWage Downloadable 2016 Help Guide contains extensive information regarding viewing, testing and correcting errors in wage report files.
- System Configuration Checklist is a listing of questions to include in your email to email@example.com that will enable us to find the root cause and provide solutions to installation issues.
- Visit the FAQ link for the Frequently Asked Questions and Solutions document. It contains the most common questions about downloading AccuWage Downloadable and some of the more difficult installation questions.
AccuWage Downloadable is a free software from Social Security Administration.
The software allows you to check W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) and W-2c (Corrected Wage and Tax Statement) reports for correctness before you send them to Social Security Administration.
First, you need to download and install the AccuWage Downloadable software on your PC. Then, specify the directory where your W2REPORT or W2CREPORT file is located. AccuWage Downloadable reads the file and informs you of any errors it detects.
The AccuWage Downloadable software identifies most of the common format errors in wage submissions. Using this software greatly reduces submission rejections. Please be aware that even if no errors are identified by AccuWage Downloadable, your submission could be returned because of other errors.
The user explicitly acknowledges that all shareware obtained from this site is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and that the risk of using shareware obtained from this site, including the entire costs of all necessary remedies, is with that user.
- To test wage reports created in the 2016 EFW2/EFW2C format for submission during calendar year 2017 using a Java Runtime of 1.7.6 or higher - Download AccuWage - 2016 Tax Year.
- To test wage reports created in the 2016 EFW2/EFW2C format for submission during calendar year 2017 using a Java Runtime of 1.8.40 or higher and assistive software - Download AccuWage - 2016 Tax Year (compatible with Assistive Software).