In order for you to install and run AccuWage, you must have administrative rights on the computer in which you are installing the software and saving wage report files. To check to see if you have the proper rights, follow these steps:
- Locate the drive where the software and wage report files are saved.
- Right click the file and select "Properties".
- Select the Security tab, then click on the "Advanced" button.
- If you are an administrator, your user name will be listed as having "Full Control".
In order for you to install and run AccuWage 2014, you must also meet the following minimum system configuration. Please review below to make sure you meet the minimum standards.
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher processor
- Display: Screen resolution of 800x600 or greater
- Memory: Minimum of 512 MB of RAM
- Java Runtime: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 7 update 6 or higher
- Browser: Internet Explorer version 8.0 or higher with Java Script enabled
- Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Disk Space: The processing of large EFW2 files requires approximately 30 MB of hard disk space and processing of large EFW2C files requires approximately 60 MB of hard disk space per every 50,000 records
- Java Control Panel settings:
- Security Tab: “Enable Java Content in the browser” must be selected
- General Tab: Access “Temporary Files Settings” window by clicking the “Settings...” button and ensure that “Keep temporary files on my computer” is selected
Some errors you might receive and/or problems you may encounter:
- Open “My Computer/Computer” on the desktop.
- Select “Control Panel”.
- Select “User Accounts” or “User Accounts and Family Safety”.
- Select “Turn User Account Control on or off”.
- Uncheck the “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer” box and select “OK”.
- Restart your computer.
Note: You can also right select the “AccuWage Icon” on your desktop. In the context menu displayed select “Run as Administrator”.
- On the Microsoft Outlook page, select the "Home" tab, then the "junk" down arrow.
- Under the Home tab, select "Junk E-Mail Options".
- Under Junk E-Mail Options, select "Safe Senders".
- On the Safe Senders screen, select "Add".
- In the Add address or domain box, enter the e-mail address for Social Security; @ssa.gov, and select "OK".
Some versions of Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.7 are experiencing an issue making it not compatible with AccuWage. Below are some options for uninstalling the software or accessing the Help Guide:
- Help Guide
- Select the Word version of the Help Guide on the right side of the page.
- In the AccuWage software, go to ‘Help’ menu and under ‘Contents’, you will find the Help Guide.
- Uninstall AccuWage
- Select the “Start” menu on the left hand corner of your computer screen. Select Control Panel –› Programs –› Programs and Features, and select the software from the menu. Right click on the software and uninstall from your computer.