International Programs

Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States

Country List 4

Your payments will continue even if you have been outside the U.S. for more than six full calendar months, if you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, and the worker on whose record your benefits are based lived in the U.S. for at least 10 years or earned at least 40 credits under the U.S. Social Security system. If you are receiving benefits as a dependent or survivor, there are additional requirements you have to meet.

Afghanistan India Sierra Leone
Bangladesh Indonesia Singapore
Bhutan Kenya Solomon Islands
Botswana Laos Somalia
Burundi Lebanon South Africa
Cabo Verde Lesotho South Sudan
Cameroon Liberia Sri Lanka
Central African Rep. Madagascar Sudan
Chad Malawi Taiwan
China Malaysia Tanzania
Congo, Rep. of Mali Thailand
Eritrea Mauritania Timor-Lester
Eswatini Mauritius Togo
Ethiopia Morocco Tonga
Fiji Myanmar Tunisia
Gambia Nepal Uganda
Ghana Nigeria Yemen
Haiti Pakistan  
Honduras Senegal
foreign country