Social Security Statement
Your Social Security Statement (Statement) is available to view online by opening a my Social Security account. It is useful for people of all ages who want to learn about their future Social Security benefits and current earnings history.
For workers age 60 and older who do not have a my Social Security account, we currently mail Social Security Statements three months prior to your birthday.
We redesigned the Statement to make it easier for you to read and find the information you need!
The redesigned Statement now includes a bar graph displaying your personalized retirement benefit estimates at nine different ages, depending on when you want benefits to start. It also includes your earnings history, and information on how to report an error if you find one.
We encourage you to review your Statement annually. Below, you can view a sample Statement and the valuable information it provides. Your personal Statement may include different language, depending on your situation.
Fact Sheets Added to Online Statement
We have added new fact sheets to accompany the online Statement. The fact sheets are designed to provide clarity and useful information, based on your age group and earnings situation. They can help you better understand Social Security programs and benefits.
These fact sheets include:
- Retirement Ready (Fact Sheet For Workers Ages 18-48) [English | Spanish ]
- Retirement Ready (Fact Sheet For Workers Ages 49-60) [English | Spanish ]
- Retirement Ready (Fact Sheet For Workers Ages 61-69) [English | Spanish ]
- Retirement Ready (Fact Sheet For Workers Ages 70 and Up) [English | Spanish ]
- Social Security Basics For New Workers [ English | Spanish ]
- How You Become Eligible For Benefits [ English | Spanish ]
- Additional Work Can Increase Your Future Benefits[ English | Spanish ]
- You Have Earnings Not Covered By Social Security [ English | Spanish ]
- Medicare Ready [ English | Spanish]