Create a my Social Security account and sign in with us to:
- Request a replacement Social Security card online if you meet certain requirements.
- Check application or appeal status.
- Get your benefit verification letter.
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record.
- Change your address and phone number.
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment.
- Get a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
You do not need a my Social Security account to:
- Select or change the way you receive information from Social Security if you are blind or visually impaired.
- Apply for Extra Help with your Medicare prescription drug plan costs.
- Block electronic and automated telephone access to your personal information.
Note: If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, please complete form CMS 40B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B (Medical Insurance) and take or mail it to your local Social Security office.