Create a my Social Security account with us and sign in to:
- [New] Request a replacement Social Security card online if you meet certain requirements;
- [New] Check application or appeal status;
- [New] Report your wages if you work and receive Disability Insurance (DI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits;
- Get your benefit verification letter;
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record;
- Change your address and phone number;
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment;
- Get a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
You do not need a my Social Security account to:
- Select or change the way you receive information from Social Security if you are blind or visually impaired.
- Apply for Extra Help with your Medicare prescription drug plan costs.
- Block electronic and automated telephone access to your personal information.
If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, please complete form CMS 40B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B (Medical Insurance) and take or mail it to your local Social Security office.