Create a my Social Security account and sign in with us to:
- Get your benefit verification letter.
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record;
- Change your address and phone number; and
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment.
You do not need a my Social Security account to:
- Get a replacement Medicare card.
- Get a Form 1099/1042S -- Social Security Benefit Statement. (Not available for SSI).
- Select or change the way you receive information from Social Security if you are blind or visually impaired.
- Apply for Extra Help with your Medicare prescription drug plan costs.
If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, please call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or contact your local Social Security office.
- Block electronic and automated telephone access to your personal information.