This site provides information to Human Resource Professionals regarding the various Social Security programs and Medicare and is a valuable resource in helping your employees plan for retirement or other life events.
Online Applications For Social Security Benefits
Social Security offers online applications for retirement, spouse’s, Medicare and disability benefits.
Visit our Calculators page to get an estimate of your future benefits or find out how other factors, such as work or a pension from a job not covered by Social Security, can affect your benefits.
You may also want to read “Other things to consider" to help decide when it's the best time to start benefits.
- Retirement Benefits
- Understanding The Benefits
- What Every Woman Should Know
- Medicare Premiums: Rules For Higher-Income Beneficiaries
- When To Start Receiving Retirement Benefits
- Your Retirement Benefit: How It Is Figured
- Spanish publications
- Publications in other languages
If You Already Have A Benefit Estimate (Calculators)
Benefit amounts can be affected by a number of different factors. If you already have a benefit estimate, use the information on:
- "More charts and calculators" to find out how different situations affect the Social Security benefit amount, and
- "Other things to consider" to help decide when it's the best time to start benefits
Related Retirement Information
- Full Retirement Age
- Delayed Retirement Credits
- Benefits for your spouse
- Retirement Planner: Suspending Retirement Benefit Payments
- If You Change Your Mind
- If you work and get benefits
- Paying income tax on Social Security benefits
- Government Pension Offset
- The Windfall Elimination Provision
- Information You'll Need When You Apply for Retirement Benefits or Medicare
- Frequently Asked Retirement Questions
Social Security Number Information
- Get Or Replace A Social Security Card
- Change a name on a Social Security card
- Identity Theft And Your Social Security Number
- New Social Security Numbers For Domestic Violence Victims
- Social Security Number (SSN) Verification
- -Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify website
- Social Security Number Randomization
- Reporting the death of someone getting benefits
Under certain circumstances, Social Security can provide a speaker to discuss our programs, benefits, and services. We provide speakers free of charge, and they are generally available during business hours only. If you'd like to have a Social Security representative speak at a lunch and learn seminar, Employee Benefits seminar, pre-retirement seminar or conference, please visit our Request a Speaker page.