If your clients need proof of income or benefits — or even to show that they are not receiving benefits—let them know that they can get a benefit verification letter online instantly through a my Social Security account. It only takes a few minutes to create an account and it will save your clients a trip to a Social Security office.
Who needs a Benefit Verification Letter?
The most common reason for needing a benefit verification letter is for proof of income when applying for a loan or mortgage. However, your members may also need a benefit verification letter as proof of:
- Income for assisted housing or other state or local benefits;
- Current Medicare health insurance coverage;
- Retirement status;
- Age; or
- A pending benefits application with Social Security.
Please, tell your clients about this timesaving online service by sharing our materials on your internal and external websites, social media, blogs and newsletters.
- Infographic: Get Your Benefit Verification Letter Online
- Flyer: Proof of Social Security Benefits
- Graphic (Young man and senior citizen)
- Graphic (A family unpacking)
- Graphic (Young woman and senior citizen)
- Graphic (Volunteers serving food)
- Newsletter articles for various audiences
- Social Media posts
- Dear Colleague Letter