Social Security phone scams are the #1 type of fraud reported to the Federal Trade Commission and SSA. We are committed to raising awareness about these scams, and preventing scammers from harming the public.
On this page, you will find an up-to-date list of resources and materials that you can use to help combat Social Security scams in your community. We encourage you to share these materials widely, through external and internal websites, social media, blogs, and newsletters.
- Social Media Toolkit: Social Security Scam Awareness Toolkit
- Web Site: Protect Yourself from Social Security Scams
- Web Site: Office of the Inspector General - Scam Awareness
- Web Site: Social Security FAQ: What should I do if I get a call claiming there's a problem with my Social Security number or account?
- Web Site: Social Security Pillars - Security: Protecting What’s Important to You
- Web Site: Fraud Prevention and Reporting Facts
- Blog: Inspector General Warns Public about Widespread Social Security Scam Texts
- Blog: Social Security Launches New Campaign to Fight Scammers
- Public Service Announcements: Scam Alert PSAs
- PowerPoint Slides: