We invite you to the Sixth National Disability Forum on “Exploring Potential Changes to the
Ticket to Work Regulations.”
What is the Ticket
to Work program?
to Work program provides employment support to our beneficiaries with disabilities as they work toward self-sufficiency. This forum will allow stakeholders to discuss their ideas about possible improvements to the program, in person and virtually. Our presenters represent many of our stakeholders: employment networks, state vocational rehabilitation agencies, National Disability Rights Network representatives, and Ticket to Work program participants.
When Is the
National Disability Forum?
The National Disability Forum is Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EDT at the National Education Association located at 1201 16th Street, NW, Washington DC. The forum will also be available via teleconference.
Who are the Speakers?
Melanie Porter, Senior Advisor, Office of Research, Demonstration, and Employment Support (ORDES) at the Social Security Administration, will moderate the discussion.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Joseph M. Ashley, Rh.D., CRC, Assistant Commissioner, Grants and Special Programs, Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services;
- M.J. Willard, Executive Director, National Telecommuting Institute;
- Judy Sanderson,Director of Employment Services, Granite State Independent Living, New Hampshire;
- Cheryl Bates-Harris, Senior Disability Advocacy Specialist, Training & Advocacy Support Center, National Disability Rights Network; and
- Andréa LaVant, Inclusion Senior Specialist, Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital.
, if you plan to attend the forum either in-person or by phone. Please share this invitation with other colleagues who may be interested.
Join the Online Discussion
In preparation for the forum, we are soliciting public input on whether and how we should revise the current Ticket to Work program regulations. Submit your thoughts through our IdeaScale engagement site from now through April 24, 2017. IdeaScale is an online tool where you can share your thoughts and ideas with others and respond to their comments. Please refer to the attached guide for IdeaScale instructions.
We also invite you to follow us on Twitter. The Twitter handle is @SSAOutreach. Please use #SSANDForum.
To learn more about the National Disability Forum, visit us at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ndf/.