How Overpayments of Contributions Are Credited or Refunded—for Wages Paid Prior to 1987

§ 404.1280. Allowance of credits or refunds—for wages paid prior to 1987.

If a State pays more than the amount of contributions due under an agreement, SSA may allow the State, subject to the time limitations in § 404.1282 and the exceptions to the time limitations in § 404.1283, a credit or refund of the overpayment.