317.Can a parent meet the in-care requirements during a separation from a child because of employment?

When your employment is the reason for separation from a child under age 16 and the separation is indefinite or is not expected to end within six months, you may have the child in care if:

  1. You exercise parental responsibility (See §313); and

  2. You make regular and substantial contributions to the child's support (see §1724).

Last Revised: Feb. 4, 2008