1307.Can you receive wage credits for military service before 1957?

If you performed military service before 1957, you may receive “gratuitous military wage credits” (also known as non-contributory wage credits). You may be eligible for wage credits of $160 for each month of active duty if you are a veteran who was on active duty in the uniformed services after September 15, 1940, and before January 1, 1957 (see §954). Under certain circumstances, service with allied forces during World War II also qualifies you for gratuitous military wage credits. (See §957.)