1422.How are wage disputes between employer and employee resolved?

If you and your employer disagree about the amount of wages paid, when they were paid, or whether your work was covered by Social Security, we help you obtain evidence to settle the matter. We will then make a decision as to:

  1. Whether your earnings can be credited;

  2. The amount of your earnings; and

  3. The period to which they should be credited.

You are notified by SSA of the decision and the correction, if any, made to your earnings record.

Last Revised: Jan. 25, 2006