2716.What happens if you become unable to manage your SVB?

We believe that you have a right to manage your own SVB. If, however, you become unable to manage or direct the management of your benefit payments, we will select a person or organization to receive these payments on your behalf and to use these benefits in your best interests. This person or organization is called a representative payee.

See Chapter 16 for information on how we determine if a representative payee is needed, how a representative payee is selected and what is the proper use of benefits by a representative payee.

Last Revised: Apr. 18, 2006