Baltimore, MD - March 16, 2011York Telecom is providing webcast hosting services for this event. [disclaimer]
To view a webcast, you may need to obtain Windows Media Player.
9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of Social Security Administration
- Robert H. Carter M.D., Deputy Director, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), National Institutes of Health
- David A. Rust, Deputy Commissioner for Retirement and Disability Policy, Social Security Administration
- Glenn Sklar, Deputy Commissioner for Disability Adjudication and Review, Social Security Administration
9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Overview of Autoimmune Diseases
- Virginia Ladd, President, American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association [Ladd's testimony]
- Sandra Raymond, President and CEO, Lupus Foundation of America [Raymond's testimony]
- Virginia Steen, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Georgetown University [Steen's testimony]
- Eric Gall, M.D., Professor, Clinical Medicine, Rheumatology Department and Interim Director, Arizona Arthritis Center, University of Arizona School of Medicine [Gall's testimony]
11:00 - 11:15 a.m.
11:15– 12:30 p.m.
Current Science and Research on Autoimmune Diseases
- Noel Rose, M.D., PhD., Director, Center for Autoimmune Disease Research, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health [Rose's testimony]
- John Booss, M.D., Professor Emeritus of Neurology and Laboratory Medicine at Yale University, National Multiple Sclerosis Society [Booss' testimony]
- Arthur Weinstein, M.D., Associate Chairman, Department of Medicine and Director, Division of Rheumatology, Washington Hospital Center [Weinstein's testimony]
12:30 – 1:45 p.m.
2:00 – 3:15 p.m.
Clinical Treatment of Autoimmune Diseases
- Philip Seo, M.D., Co-Director, Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital [Seo's testimony]
- Walter Royal, III, M.D., Director of the Maryland Center for Multiple Sclerosis at the University of Maryland [Royal's testimony]
- Yvonne Brown, Individual Living with Multiple Sclerosis, National Multiple Sclerosis Society [Brown's testimony]
3:15 - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 - 4:45 p.m.
Living with Autoimmune Disease
- Penelope Fletcher, President, Lupus Foundation of America, DC/MD/VA Chapter [Fletcher's testimony]
- Beverly Jenkins, Individual Living with Lupus, Lupus Foundation of America [Jenkins' testimony]
- Rosemary Markoff, Individual Living with Scleroderma, Scleroderma Foundation (Tri-State Chapter-NY, NJ, CT) [Markoff's testimony]
4:45 - 5:00 p.m.