SSA receives information from the public, advocacy groups, comments received from the Social Security and Disability Determination Service communities, counsel from medical and scientific experts, research with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and information received from past public outreach hearings regarding potential CAL conditions.
You can suggest the name of a condition or disease for consideration through this website.
- Your contact information
- Name of the medical condition or disease
- Alternate names of the condition or disease
- Condition description
- Diagnostic Testing, Physical findings, and ICD-9-CM Coding (if available)
- Onset of the condition
- Progression of the condition
- Treatment of the condition
Use the below button to suggest the name of a condition for SSAs consideration.
Important: Do not submit questions about applications or include personally identifiable information. For questions regarding a claim or filing a claim for Social Security disability benefits or Supplemental Security Income benefits, Please call 1-800-772-1213 or visit www.ssa.gov. For information on how to apply for disability benefits, please visit Disability Planner: How You Apply.
When you submit a potential CAL condition, SSA will:
- Evaluate the submitted information
- Gather additional medical information if necessary
- Refer the medical information to a SSA medical doctor for review
- Notify you of the decision of your potential CAL condition