1011.Can former employees be considered for retroactive coverage?

Ordinarily, only individuals in an employment relationship on a specific date, set out in the agreement, can obtain retroactive coverage for services. However, under certain conditions, a State may consider former employees, whose earnings were incorrectly reported to the Social Security Administration and to the Internal Revenue Service, to be in the coverage group for the period of retroactive coverage.

Last Revised: Aug. 25, 2009