The Social Security Administration (SSA) is running a national and targeted campaign to reach people who may be eligible for the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program, including people facing barriers. They include people with low income, limited English proficiency, facing homelessness, or with mental illness.
SSI provides monthly payments to adults and children with a disability or blindness who have income and resources below specific financial limits. SSI payments are also made to people age 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial qualifications.
On this page, you will find an up-to-date list of resources and materials that you can use to learn about the SSI program and help spread the word in your community. We encourage you to share these materials widely, through external and internal websites, social media, blogs, and newsletters.
SSI Basic Needs - NEW
The “Basic Needs” campaign highlights that SSI helps pay for things that many people take for granted, like rent, food, clothing, medicine, and other basic needs. It strives to reach people in their communities to tell them about SSI, if they might be eligible, and how to contact SSA online at ssa.gov/ssi or by phone to request an appointment to apply.
Outreach Resources and Materials - General
- Flyer: How to Get Help from Social Security
- Flyer: Are You Eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
- Flyer: Supplemental Security Income And Other Benefits
- Flyer: Supplemental Security Income And Other Benefits - Spanish
- Webpage: Information for Groups and Organizations
- Article: Reaching Social Security During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Publication: A Guide to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Groups and Organizations
- Publication: You May Be Able to Get Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Webpage: Blind/Visually Impaired
- Webpage: Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Webpage: Coronavirus Updates
- Webpage: Social Security Office Locator
- Webpage: Online Services
- Webpage: Information for Faith-Based and Community Groups
Outreach Resources and Materials – SSI for Kids
- Infographic: Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Children
- Toolkit: SSI for Kids - English
- Toolkit: SSI for Kids - Spanish
- Webpage: Disability Benefits | Apply For A Child (Under Age 18)
- Webpage: Childhood Disability-SSI Program: Guide for School Professionals
- Webpage: Parents and Guardians
- Blog: Social Security Benefits for Children with Disabilities
- Publication: Benefits for Children with Disabilities