Review your paper Forms W-2, especially Copy A, to ensure that they print accurately prior to mailing them to Social Security's Wilkes-Barre Data Operations Center.
Form W-2/W-3 Instructions
Form W-2c/W-3c Instructions
Social Security accepts laser printed Forms W-2/W-3 as well as the standard red drop-out ink forms. Both the laser forms and the red drop-out ink forms must comply with Internal Revenue Service's Publication 1141 and require pre-approval from Social Security.
|Free-- File Up to
50 W-2s Using W-2 Online
Publication 1141, General Rules and Specifications for Substitute Forms W-2 and W-3
Laser Printed Forms.
Where to File Paper W-2/W-2cs
Select the appropriate mailing address depending on the type of
W-2 and the carrier you choose (e.g., U.S. Postal Service or a
private carrier such as FedEx or UPS).
Business Services Online (BSO)
Saturday: 5 AM - 11 PM ET
Sunday: 8 AM - 11:30 PM ET
About W-2 Filing
- Electronic W-2/W-2c Filing Handbook
- Vendor List
- Helpful Government Resources
- FIRE (1099) Filing Information Returns Electronically
- Employer W-2 Filing
W-2 Filing Assistance
- Checklist for W-2 Online Filing
- Specifications for Filing Forms W-2 and W-2c Electronically (EFW2/EFW2C)
- Paper Forms W-2 & Instructions
- If You're Self-Employed
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ask an Expert
- Tax Forums and Speaking Engagements
- Vendor List
- E-Verify - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Customer Support
- Employer Feedback