Public Data Files
The Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR) is the component of the Social Security Administration charged with providing hearings and reviews of hearings for claimants whose applications for benefits have been denied at the first two levels of adjudication.
One Time Report
- Hearing Requests Pending by Format - FY 2006 through FY 2012 (Electronic Folder/Paper Cases)
Monthly Data Files
Public data files one through six below contain information on workload indicators within ODAR’s hearing offices. Updated monthly, these reports contain hearing office information such as average wait time for a hearing to be held, total average processing time and numbers of hearing requests received, completed and pending. Disposition data by individual administrative law judges (ALJ) is also provided. There are two reports ranking the hearing offices from best to worst in two workload areas as well. Finally, there is a report on how hearings are held in each hearing office, whether by video or in person.
- Average Wait Time Until Hearing Held Report - FY 2015
(Month of January 2015)
- Hearing Office Workload Data - FY 2015 (Through January 2015)
- ALJ Disposition Data - FY 2015 (Through January 2015)
- Hearing Office Dispositions Per ALJ Per Day Ranking Report - FY 2015 (Through January 2015)
- Hearing Office Average Processing Time Ranking Report - FY 2015 (Through January 2015)
- Hearings Held In-Person or Via Video Conferencing - FY 2015 (Through January 2015)
Quarterly Data Files
Public data files 7 and 8 are updated and posted quarterly with monthly and summary numbers. Both of these reports refer to workloads administered by the Appeals Council and Report # 7 shows the number of receipts, dispositions and pending requests for review of an ALJ decision. Report # 8 shows the same workload information for new court cases filed against SSA and court remands returned to SSA/ODAR by the courts.
- Appeals Council Requests for Review - FY 2015 (Through December 2014)
- National New Court Case and Court Remand Activity - FY 2015 (Through December 2014)
Public data files Annual Reports of Appeals Council (AC) activity on requests for review and court cases.
- Appeals to the AC as a Percentage of Appealable Hearing Level Dispositions (FY 2010 to FY 2014)
- AC Grant Review Actions as a Percentage of All AC Dispositions (FY 2010 to FY 2014)
- AC Remands as a Percentage of all AC Dispositions
(FY 2010 to FY 2014)
- Appeals to Court as a Percentage of Appealable AC Dispositions (FY 2010 to FY 2014)
- Court Remands as a Percentage of New Court Cases Filed (FY 2010 to FY 2014)
- Top 10 Remand Reasons Cited by the AC on Remands of RRs or Own Motion Reviews (FY 2010 to FY 2014)
- Top 10 Remand Reasons Cited by the Court on Remands to SSA (FY 2010 to FY 2014)