RSDI and SSI Recovery Efforts
Our improper payments strategy includes focusing on enhancements to improve our OASDI and SSI debt recovery efforts. In October 2013, we began notifying debtors of our ability to offset eligible State payments to collect their debt. These changes also support debt management compliance and performance as required by OMB. Below are enhancements to improve our OASDI and SSI debt recovery efforts
- Overpayment Redesign.
- We began the planning and analysis phase of this project in FY 2016.
- We currently plan to begin development and implementation starting in FY 2018 through 2023.
- Remittance Modernization.
- We completed planning and analysis on the Social Security Electronic Remittance System to process remittances received in our field offices for program debt and completed development in FY 2017. National rollout began in October 2017, with full implementation achieved in December 2017.
- We are currently in the planning and analysis phase for other electronic remittance options.
- Treasury Report on Receivables enhancements for OASDI and SSI.
- We implemented systems enhancements to meet the reporting requirements of the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014.