Steps to Enroll and Register
Step 1: Enroll
Before you can enroll, you must have an Employer Identification Number (EIN). Contact the IRS to get an EIN.
The complete enrollment process takes up to 6 weeks.
Complete your CBSV Enrollment Form SSA-200 and return it to us by email at
- Send us the one-time non-refundable $5,000 enrollment fee. We accept payment by check and by credit card. Request a credit card payment form, Form SSA-1414, by email at email@example.com. Mail the check or credit card form and the original SSA-200 to:
- Upon receipt of your enrollment information and the $5,000 enrollment fee, SSA will initiate the formal agreement process by which you and SSA will execute a legally binding User Agreement permitting your participation in CBSV.
The User Agreement Package includes:
- Form SSA-88 – Once you are enrolled, send us an updated copy of this as needed.
- A copy of Form SSA-89 – always use the most current edition found online at http://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-89.pdf.
- Agreement for using SSA’s External Testing Environment – required for you to test web services now or in the future.
Step 2: Register for Access
You cannot register for access to CBSV without completing the enrollment process above. To obtain the proper access to Online or Web Services, you must follow the detailed instructions for registering located in Section 2 of the CBSV User Guide.
Not following the instructions may delay getting access to CBSV services.