These changes are scheduled to go live on May 17, 2014. We will contact you when the changes have been completed.
- Date of birth is required for all verifications and is now a mandatory field.
- The SSA-89 has no gender field and we removed the field from the application. You may not verify information that is not included on the SSA-89.
If the verification is for a minor under age 18, you must obtain appropriate
consent from a parent or court appointed guardian along with proof of
relationship, such as child’s birth certificate and parent’s
driver’s license or court document showing guardianship and a
- For online services, this is a Yes or No question.
- Web Service users must provide a Y or N in their verification request. See the Interface Specification documentation for more info.
- We discontinued the CBSV Batch service.
Updates to the online interface to reflect SSA’s standardization of data fields
and interface usability and accessibility.