Click here for our newly developed tool to retrieve agency testimony from a specific year, witness, or subject. Included is agency testimony from 1995 (104th Congress) to present (115th Congress).
The Office of the Deputy Commissioner for Legislation and Congressional Affairs (ODCLCA) serves as the focal point for legislative and regulatory activity in the Social Security Administration (SSA). Our duties include:
- Preparing agency officials to testify before Congress;
- Coordinating the development of legislative proposals designed to improve our programs;
- Developing agency regulations, Social Security Rulings, and Federal Register Notices; and
- Securing approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for our collection of information from the public.
This site provides information about the agency's legislative programs, regulatory programs, and resources for legislative research. We also provide copies of communication between SSA, Congress, and the public. This site includes:
- Written testimony of agency officials before Congress;
- Legislative Bulletins (summaries of active legislation with provisions affecting our programs);
- SSA’s legislative packages approved by OMB;
- Recent Regulatory Actions;
- Efforts to streamline and update regulations
- SSA-related laws, reports to Congress, and program statistics.