Program Fact Sheets
- 2020 Fact Sheet: Social Security/SSI/Medicare Fact Sheet
- 2019 Fact Sheet: Social Security/SSI/Medicare Fact Sheet
- 2018 Fact Sheet: Social Security/SSI/Medicare Fact Sheet
- 2017 Fact Sheet: Social Security/SSI/Medicare Fact Sheet
Frequently Used Brochures
- Understanding your Benefits (05-10021)
- Retirement Benefits (05-10035)
- Medicare (05-10043)
- Disability Benefits (05-10029)
- What you need to Know When you get SSDI Benefits (05-10153)
- A Guide to SSI for Groups and Organizations (05-11015)
- Benefits for Children with Disabilities (05-10026)
- Identity Theft and your Social Security Number (05-10064)
- Online Services from social security.gov (05-10032)
Additional Brochures are available https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/
Compilations of Historic Legislative Materials
These documents, also known as Downey Books, contain a chronological set of documents pertinent to the legislative development of the Social Security Act, such as congressional debates, legislative bulletins, and reference materials. This material was most recently updated in 2004. Click here to view the available documents from 1935 - 2004.
Laws & Regulations
Compilation of the Social Security Laws contains the full text of the Social Security Act of 1935, as Amended, and selected provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.
All Social Security Regulations are contained in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 20, Parts 400-499 - Federal regulations for the Social Security Administration and Social Security programs.
Congressional Inquiries Guide
SSA publishes biannually the Congressional Inquiries Guide (Guide) to assist congressional offices with Social Security-related issues. The Guide contains an overview of SSA, descriptions of various aspects of the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income programs and useful SSA points of contact.
The Guide is produced for Congressional office use only. Click here to make a request.