Program Fact Sheets
- 2018 Fact Sheet: Social Security/SSI/Medicare Fact Sheet
- 2017 Fact Sheet: Social Security/SSI/Medicare Fact Sheet
- 2016 Fact Sheet: Social Security/SSI/Medicare Fact Sheet
- 2015 Social Security/SSI/Medicare Fact sheet
- 2015 Fact Sheet: Bipartisan Budget Act Closes Social Security Loophole
- 2014 Disability Insurance Fact sheets
- Previous Factsheet Archive
Compilations of Historic Documents
These documents, also known as Downey Books, contain a chronological set of documents pertinent to the legislative development of law, such as congressional debates, legislative bulletins, and reference materials. This collection consists of the entire set of legislative histories produced by the Office of Legislation and Congressional Affairs from 1935-2004. Click here to view.
Laws & Regulations
Compilation of the Social Security Laws contains the full text of the Social Security Act of 1935, as Amended, and selected provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.
All Social Security Regulations are contained in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 20, Parts 400-499 - Federal regulations for the Social Security Administration and Social Security programs.
Congressional Inquiries Guide
SSA publishes the Congressional Inquiries Guide (Guide) to assist congressional offices with Social Security-related issues. The Guide contains an overview of SSA, descriptions of various aspects of the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income programs and useful SSA points of contact. It is available in printed and compact disk versions.
The Guide is produced for Congressional office use only. Click here to make a request.