The Office of the Deputy Commissioner for Legislation and Congressional Affairs (ODCLCA) serves as the focal point for legislative and regulatory activity in the Social Security Administration (SSA). Our duties include:
- Coordinates agency policy and legislative communications with Congress and its Members, on issues outside of Appropriations and Budget;
- Preparing agency officials to testify before Congress;
- Coordinating the development of legislative proposals designed to improve our programs;
- Developing agency regulations, Social Security Rulings, and Federal Register Notices; and
- Securing approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for our collection of information from the public.
This site provides information about the agency's legislative programs, regulatory programs, and resources for legislative research. We also provide SSA related laws, reports to Congress, program statistics, and fact sheets. This site includes:
- Agency Testimony 111th Congress – Present;
- Archives of Social Security Legislation and agency testimony -116th Congress to Present;
- Legislative Proposals, recurring and periodic reports to Congress;
- Recent Regulatory Actions;
- the Social Security Act – by title, reports to Congress, and Social Security/SSI/and Medicare Information Fact Sheets.