Events and Services in the Philadelphia Region
Please click on the links below to see our latest information about recent events.
- Annual Centenarian Celebrations
- Congressional Briefing
- Wounded Warriors
- Online Services
- my Social Security
- Helping Homeless Veterans
- Public Library Outreach
- Television Broadcasts
- Customer Service Stations
- Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
Representatives from the Social Security Administration will be at all upcoming events
provide information and answer questions about Social Security programs.
May 7, 2016
9:00 am - noon
Covenant Life Church
7501 Muncaster Mill Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Have you asked yourself?
- When is the best time for me to retire?
- What do I have to do when I am ready to retire?
- When can I enroll in Medicare?
- Do I have adequate healthcare coverage?
- How can I prepare to ensure I will enjoy a comfortable retirement?
Come and learn from Social Security & Medicare representatives about:
- Requirements for Social Security Retirement, Medicare, Spouses and Children benefits
- Health insurance coverage and options
- Difference between Early retirement benefits or benefits at Full Retirement Age
- How to access your Social Security Statement and calculators
- How to contact the Social Security Administration when ready to apply for benefits
- How Social Security protects you and your family
May 12, 2016
Gaithersburg Public Library
18330 Montgomery Village Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
The Social Security Administration and the Gaithersburg Library are partnering to host the Seminar:
Are You Ready to Retire?
- Understand entitlement factors for Social Security Retirement, Spouses and Medicare benefits
- Learn how work affects your benefits
- Early benefits versus Full Retirement Age benefits
- Gain knowledge about useful tools, information and secure, convenient and easy applications available when visiting www.socialsecurity.gov
- Learn more on how to create a my Social Security account and the Social Security Statement
To request sign language interpretation or other deaf/hard of hearing services for library-sponsored programs, email MCPL.DeafAccess@montgomerycountymd.gov, preferably with three business days' notice. To request other accommodations, contact your local library.
my Social Security Sign Up Events
Just starting your career? Counting down the days to retirement? Already receiving benefits? Signing up for a my Social Security account is a great idea for anyone 18 years or older! Plan to attend one of our FREE Sign Up Events to register for your my Social Security account.
A representative from the Social Security Administration will be available to provide assistance with registering for your my Social Security account using the library's computers, your personal computer, tablet or smart phone. These events are FREE and Open to the Public!
A my Social Security account will provide you access to your annually updated Social Security Statement if you are not receiving benefits. The statement is a great planning tool as it provides personalized Social Security benefit estimates, regardless of your age.
For those already receiving benefits, this account allows you to change your address, phone number, and direct deposit information. It also provides you instant access to a printable version of your benefit verification letter.
Work Incentive Seminar Event (WISE)
|The Ticket to Work Program provides choices for people with disabilities receiving Social Security who want help returning to work. You can learn about the Ticket to Work Program or other Work Incentives at a FREE Work Incentive Seminar Event (WISE), held at a local organization in your community, or online. You can register for a local or online WISE by going to The Work Site on the Social Security Online website.|
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Below are links to websites that provide information on the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) available in each state in the Philadelphia Region. To find out about how your children may be eligible for this free or low cost health insurance alternative, please click on your location. [Disclaimer]
Delaware Healthy Children Program (DHCP) 800-372-2022
Maryland Children's Health Program (MCHP) 800-456-8900
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) 800-986-KIDS
Family Access to Medical Insurance Security Plan (FAMIS) 866-87FAMIS
Healthy Families Insurance Program 1-877-KIDS NOW or 1-877-543-7669
West VA Children's Health Insurance Program (WVCHIP) 877-982-2447
State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIPs)
Below are links to websites that provide information on the State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) available in each state in the Philadelphia Region. To find out more information, please click on your location. [Disclaimer]