AccuWage Online is a free internet application offered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) that enables you to check EFW2 (W-2 Wage and Tax Statement) and EFW2C (W-2C Corrected Wage and Tax Statement) formatted wage files for format correctness before submitting them to SSA. AccuWage Online is a part of Business Services Online (BSO) which allows organizations and individuals to exchange wage information with SSA securely over the internet.
SSA highly recommends using AccuWage Online to test your wage files for compliance with EFW2/EFW2C specifications before submitting them to SSA.
AccuWage Online can be accessed by following these steps:
- Log on to Business Services Online (BSO)
- Select the 'Report Wages to Social Security' link
- Accept the attestation
- Once on the Electronic Wage Reporting (EWR) home page, select the fourth tab labeled AccuWage Online and then click the AccuWage Online link to access the AccuWage Online Home page.
For detailed screen by screen instructions on registering for a BSO username and password, please see the FAQ.
- AccuWage Online is for use with Electronic Filing of W-2/W-2C wage reports.
- In order to use AccuWage Online to test your wage reports, you must have a valid Business Services Online (BSO) username and password with the employer services profile. For instructions on registering for a BSO username and password, please see the FAQ.
- Your testing experience will take considerably less time if you zip your file. SSA strongly recommends that all wage reports submitters zip their files before running them through AccuWage Online. For instructions on how to zip your file, please see the FAQ.
- AccuWage Online can test a max file size of 350MB before zipped.
- Please remember to upload and submit your formatted wage file to SSA by selecting the tab ‘Upload Formatted Wage File’ on the EWR home page after testing it through AccuWage Online.
- The AccuWage Online Help Guide contains extensive information regarding viewing, testing and correcting errors in your wage reports.
For more information about the EFW2 and EFW2C formats, or for answers to other questions about wage reporting, please contact an Employer Services Liaison Officer or visit Customer Support for Wage Reporting.