ERE for Experts
Welcome to the Electronic Records Express (ERE) for Experts resource webpage. Here you will find information to help guide you through the Registration and Access processes.
Pilot of ERE for Experts. Medical and Vocational Experts participating in the pilot were provided:
- The ability to view exhibited documents in Sections A, E and F of the claimant’s eFolders they were assigned to in OHO’s case processing system.
- The ability to download documents to a PDF or a ZIP file.
Two new pieces of functionality were added for the Medical and Vocational Experts participating in the pilot:
- The ability to upload documents to an eFolder: a Curriculum vitae (i.e. resume) and a response to an interrogatory.
- The ability to receive an email notification that files requested for download are ready for pickup.
ERE for Experts was made available nationally to all individual experts with a Blanket Purchase Agreement.
The release added two new pieces of Functionality:
- The Medical and Vocational Experts working for companies will have the ability to view electronic cases via ERE for Experts.
- Medical and Vocational Experts will have the ability to view or download the Hearing Office Status Report. This provides experts the key information for assigned cases. This includes the full SSN of claimant’s, hearing office scheduled information and interrogatory due dates.
Choose the appropriate registration guide (individual or company) below:
- ERE for Experts Registration Guide for Individual BPA Holders
- ERE for Experts Registration Guide for Company Experts
- ERE is designed to work with commonly used browsers such as Internet Explorer (IE for Windows, Firefox for Windows and Mac, Safari for Windows and Mac, and Chrome for Windows and Mac.
- Ensure that your browser is up-to-date.
- If you are having issues opening up files, especially in Windows 10, check the security or preference settings.
- When the expert logs into ERE for Experts and attempts to access an eFolder, the system compares the SSN on the ERE for Experts account with the SSN of the expert assigned to the case in CPMS. This is how the system verifies that the expert is authorized to view the eFolder documents for that particular SSN. The expert’s SSN is strictly used for authentication and authorization. It is housed only in the Admin Table, which has restricted access within SSA and no external access.
- For identity purposes. SSA needs to ensure that the person accessing the systems are who they say they are. So, when adding extra security to their my Social Security account the expert is asked to verify certain information to verify their identity. SSA does not store this information; SSA only uses this information to authenticate your my Social Security account.
I have tried to add extra security to my Social Security account but without success. The message is stating – We cannot verify the financial information that you provided – thus preventing the ability to add extra security.
- If all three methods have received this message, then you will need to report to the local Social Security field office to complete the process.
Below are user guides to provide you with specific instructions:
- ERE for Experts Access Claimants EFolder User Guide
- ERE for Experts Pick Up Files User Guide
- ERE for Experts Status Report User Guide
- If a case is paper or has multiple pending cases, then you will not be able to review electronically, so contact the Hearing Office and ensure the following:
- Verify that the case is electronic.
- Verify that the case is scheduled.
- Verify that you are assigned to the case in CPMS.
- Verify that you are accessing the correct URL: https://secure.ssa.gov/ERECA/MEVE01View
- Clear your browser history then click on this link: https://secure.ssa.gov/ERECA/MEVE01View
- Open my Social Security website, input your username and select the Forgot Your Password link. You will need to answer the security questions you set up when registering. Then log into ERE for Experts using this link using your new password: https://secure.ssa.gov/ERECA/MEVE01View.
- If you are unable to reset your password, please call the helpdesk at 800-772-1213.
- Open my Social Security website, select the Forgot Username link. You will need to answer the security questions you set up when registering. Then log into ERE for Experts using this link: https://secure.ssa.gov/ERECA/MEVE01View.
- If you are unable to obtain your username, please call the helpdesk at 800-772-1213.
- Entering the incorrect claimant SSN 10 times in ERE will suspend the experts account for 24 hours. Reach out to the hearing office that scheduled the hearings and request a CD.
- Ensure that you have Adobe application downloaded.
- Windows 7 – Right click on the .tiff file, select “open with”, select Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
- Windows 10 – Open up the document, click on “File” in the upper left corner, select “Properties” from the drop drown, under “Opens with” click on “Change” select Windows Photo Viewer, click “OK” to save change, select “Apply”, then click “OK” button to save changes.