532.Submitting a “Request for Reconsideration”

You or your representative should request a date-stamped copy from the local SSA field office. You should keep this copy with all of your other case-related records. This gives you proof of the date that you filed your appeal. You may mail your appeal forms to the SSA office certified with a return receipt request to ensure that the date stamped copy of the certification reply will be sent to you or your representative.

Last Revised: Jul. 26, 2005