Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Personal Social Security record

Update or correct the personal information on your Social Security record.

Manage your personal information


Change or correct the name on your record if it’s different than what we have.

Contact information

Update your phone number, email address, or mailing address so we can communicate with you about your benefits.

Citizenship or immigration status

Update the citizenship or immigration status on your Social Security record.

Sex identification

Update your sex identification if it’s wrong or has changed.

When someone dies

See when you need to report a death and find out what benefits you might be able to apply for. 

Date of birth

Correct your date of birth if it’s different than what we have.

View your record

Sign in to view your earnings record, get a tax form or benefit letter, update your direct deposit information, and complete other tasks.