DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS FOR OTHER PROVIDERS UNDER PART B OF MEDICARE
Sec. 1124A. [42 U.S.C. 1320a–3a] (a) Disclosure Required to Receive Payment.—No payment may be made under part B of title XVIII for items or services furnished by any disclosing part B provider unless such provider has provided the Secretary with full and complete information—
(1) on the identity of each person with an ownership or control interest in the provider or in any subcontractor (as defined by the Secretary in regulations) in which the provider directly or indirectly has a 5 percent or more ownership interest;
(2) with respect to any person identified under paragraph (1) or any managing employee of the provider—
(A) on the identity of any other entities providing items or services for which payment may be made under title XVIII with respect to which such person or managing employee is a person with an ownership or control interest at the time such information is supplied or at any time during the 3-year period ending on the date such information is supplied, and
(3) including the employer identification number (assigned pursuant to section 6109 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986) and social security account number (assigned under section 205(c)(2)(B)) of the disclosing part B provider and any person, managing employee, or other entity identified or described under paragraph (1) or (2).
(b) Updates to Information Supplied.—A disclosing part B provider shall notify the Secretary of any changes or updates to the information supplied under subsection (a) not later than 180 days after such changes or updates take effect.
(1) Transmittal by hhs.—The Secretary shall transmit—
(B) to the Secretary of the Treasury information concerning each employer identification number (assigned pursuant to section 6109 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986),
supplied to the Secretary pursuant to subsection (a)(3) or section 1124(c) to the extent necessary for verification of such information in accordance with paragraph (2).
(2) Verification.—The Commissioner of Social Security and the Secretary of the Treasury shall verify the accuracy of, or correct, the information supplied by the Secretary to such official pursuant to paragraph (1), and shall report such verifications or corrections to the Secretary.
(3) Fees for verification.—The Secretary shall reimburse the Commissioner and Secretary of the Treasury, at a rate negotiated between the Secretary and such official, for the costs incurred by such official in performing the verification and correction services described in this subsection.
(d) Definitions.—for purposes of this section—
(1) the term “disclosing part B provider” means any entity receiving payment on an assignment-related basis (or, for purposes of subsection (a)(3), any entity receiving payment) for furnishing items or services for which payment may be made under part B of title XVIII, except that such term does not include an entity described in section 1124(a)(2);
(3) the term “person with an ownership or control interest” means, with respect to a provider—
(B) a person who has one of the 5 largest direct or indirect ownership or control interests in the provider.
 See Vol. II, P.L. 83-591, §6109.