The 2016 OASDI Trustees Report, officially called "The 2016 Annual Report of the Board of Trustees of the Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance and Federal Disability Insurance Trust Funds," presents the current and projected financial status of the trust funds. The report is available in PDF, a printer-friendly format.
Requests for a printed copy of the 2016 Trustees Report may be submitted by filling out our request form.
Documentation of Key Assumptions
- Demographic assumptions used in the projections that determine the actuarial status of the trust funds
- Ultimate economic assumptions used in the projections that determine the actuarial status of the trust funds
See model documentation for a description of all assumptions and methods used in the projections.
- Description of the methods used in the long range projections that determine the actuarial status of the trust funds
- Description of the methods used in the short range projections of trust fund operations
- Summary of the latest report for the Social Security and Medicare programs (also available in printer-friendly PDF)
- Trustees Report on the financial status of the Medicare program
Special reports on OASI or DI Trust Fund assets dropping below 20 percent of annual cost within 10 years: