Social Security phone scams are the #1 type of fraud reported to the Federal Trade Commission and SSA. We are committed to raising awareness about these scams, and preventing scammers from harming the public.
On this page, you will find an up-to-date list of resources and materials that you can use to help combat Social Security scams in your community. We encourage you to share these materials widely, through external and internal websites, social media, blogs, and newsletters.
- Webpage: Protect Yourself from Social Security Scams
- Webpage: Protect Yourself from Social Security Scams - Social Media Resources
- Webpage: Office of the Inspector General - Scam Awareness
- Webpage: Social Security FAQ: What should I do if I get a call claiming there's a problem with my Social Security number or account?
- Webpage: Social Security Pillars - Security: Protecting What’s Important to You
- Webpage: Fraud Prevention and Reporting
- Blog: 10 Ways to Protect Your Personal Information
- Blog: Use These Scam Tools to Spot Fraud
- Blog: Slam the Scam: How to Spot Government Imposters
- PowerPoint Slides: