Social Security phone scams are the #1 type of fraud reported to the Federal Trade Commission and SSA. We are committed to raising awareness about these scams, and preventing scammers from harming the public.
On this page, you will find an up-to-date list of resources and materials that you can use to help combat Social Security scams in your community. We encourage you to share these materials widely, through external and internal websites, social media, blogs, and newsletters.
- Webpage: Protect Yourself from Social Security Scams
- Webpage: Office of the Inspector General - Scam Awareness
- Webpage: Social Security FAQ: What should I do if I get a call claiming there's a problem with my Social Security number or account?
- Webpage: Social Security Pillars - Security: Protecting What’s Important to You
- Webpage: Fraud Prevention and Reporting
- Blog: Inspector General Warns Public about Widespread Social Security Scam Texts
- PowerPoint Slides: