The Annual Report of the Supplemental Security Income Program, issued in August 2014, provides comprehensive information on
the SSI program in
accordance with the mandate in section 231 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity
Reconciliation Act of 1996.
This report is available in PDF.
This report includes an Executive Summary as well as:
- A comprehensive description of the SSI program;
- 25 year projections of future recipients and program costs;
- A historical summary of statutory changes to the SSI program;
- Historical and current data relating to various aspects of the SSI program; and
- Summaries of any relevant research on the SSI program by SSA or others.
This report also includes a statement by the Social Security Advisory Board as allowed by the above legislation.
Print versions of the SSI Annual Reports are available for all years and may be requested by filling out our request form. The first SSI Report was published in 1997.