(a) General rule. To establish that you are residing outside the United States for SVB purposes, you must give us all of the following:
(1) Evidence of the date on which you arrived in the country in which you are residing;
(2) A statement signed by you showing the address at which you are living and that you intend to continue living there; and
(3) Evidence that you are actually living at the address given in your signed statement.
(b) Evidence of the date you entered the foreign country. To establish the date you arrived in the country in which you are residing, you can give us evidence such as:
(1) A visa or passport showing the date you entered that country;
(2) Your plane ticket showing the date you arrived in that country; or
(3) An entry permit showing the date you entered that country.
(c) Evidence of your actual place of residence. To establish your actual place of residence, you can give us evidence such as:
(1) A lease agreement showing where you live;
(2) Rental or mortgage receipts;
(3) Utility or other bills addressed to you at the address where you live;
(4) A signed statement from a local official showing that he or she knows where you live, when you began living there and how he or she knows this information; or
(5) A Standard Form 1199A, Direct Deposit Sign-Up Form, showing your address abroad and signed by an official of the financial institution after the date you arrived in the country in which you will be residing.