1735.How does IRS help gather evidence?

If you do not have a copy of the Form 1040, Schedule SE, Schedule C, or Schedule F and we need the form(s) to establish the amount of self-employment income, we may ask IRS to furnish the information in its files. Normally, we request the information from IRS. If IRS cannot find the return but you know one was filed, you may complete and sign a written request asking IRS to furnish a statement of the amount of self-employment income for the year in question. You must give IRS complete identifying information, place of filing, etc. so that they can find your tax return.