Chicago, IL - July 29, 2009PSAV® Presentation Services is providing webcast hosting services for this event. [disclaimer]
|Watch proceedings via webcast.|
|To view a webcast, you may need to obtain Windows Media Player.|
9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of Social Security Administration
- Marie A. Bernard, M.D., Deputy Director, National Institute on Aging (NIA), National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- David A. Rust, Deputy Commissioner for Retirement and Disability Policy, Social Security Administration
- David Foster, Deputy Commissioner for Disability Adjudication and Review, Social Security Administration
- James F. Martin, Chicago Regional Commissioner, Social Security Administration
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Overview of Early-Onset Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia
- Harry Johns, MBA, President and CEO, Alzheimer’s Association [Johns' testimony]
- David Bennett, M.D., Director, Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center, Rush University Medical Center [Bennett's testimony]
- Michael Weiner, M.D., Director, Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center [Weiner's testimony]
10:30 - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 - 11:45 p.m.
Early-Onset Alzheimer’s: Today and Tomorrow
- John Morris, M.D., Director and Principal Investigator of the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, Washington University School of Medicine [Morris' testimony]
- Dan Marson, J.D., Ph.D., Professor of Neurology, Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham [Marson's testimony]
- Susan Frick, MSW, Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center, Rush University Medical Center [Frick's testimony]
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Related Early-Onset Dementia: Primary Progressive Aphasia
- Marek-Marsel Mesulam, M.D., Director, Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer's Disease Center, Northwestern University [Mesulam's testimony]
- Sandy Weintraub, Ph.D., Director of Neuropsychology, Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer's Disease Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine [Weintraub's testimony]
- Darby Morhardt, MSW, LCSW, Director of Education, Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer's Disease Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine [Morhardt's testimony]
2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Individuals with Early-Onset Dementia and their Families
4:00 - 4:3 0 p.m.